People come to the casino in search of thrills, in anticipation of a big win and with the desire to return home the winner. Whether it’s roulette, baccarat or poker, we’ve been through it all! Believe us: If you want to really test yourself, play video slots. You can say that in this area the casino always wins (and you’re right about something), but it shouldn’t stop you from telling us why.
This guide is written especially for newcomers to the slot game world. You will find all the basic information in it, from what paylines are to the notion of slot machine volatility. But do not be lazy to read this article, even if you think you know everything about slots: you will definitely find something new in it.
Slots – our everything! You will not defeat another player, and us, ie, the casino. No bluffing, no fear – just risk and excitement in the purest form. There are a huge variety of slot games to choose from, so you have no problem finding something to your taste.
As in all other games, in the casino the main guarantee of success is a solid understanding of the rules and mechanics of the game. For starters, let’s deal with such a concept as paylines. Line of payments – a line on the drums, which form a winning combination.
In classic slot machines, it was a line of three identical characters, which were to appear strictly in the center of the drums. However, with the development of video slot line payments became more and more sophisticated. Now they are not only horizontal, but also vertical, diagonal, zigzag – all depends on the specific slot game and the number of paylines in it.
First you need to decide on how many lines you want to play. While in simple slot machines you can still find only one payline, in modern slots their number can reach even several hundred.
The goal of the game is to collect three or more identical characters on the same line. Your winnings depend on the specific symbols, as well as on the size of the bet.
It sounds simple, doesn’t it?
BASIC GAME CONCEPTS
TABLE PAYMENT PAYMENT
You should read the payout table before starting the game. It will show you the winnings you can count on for a particular combination of symbols – the amount of winnings also depends on the stake.
If you ignore the payout table, you will not know what you can get the maximum winnings for and what jackpots are available. So if you want to lose money, we strongly advise you to find out how to do it first.
If you are going to play video slots, you need to deal with the basic types of game characters that can be found in the game:
- Wild Symbols: They replace the standard symbols that are missing for the winning combination. For example, if there are four identical symbols on a line and one Wild, the latter will allow you to get a winning line of five such symbols. In addition, the more Wild symbols fall on the reels, the more you will get an extra reward.
- Expanding Wild (Expanding Wilds): performs the same function as regular Wild symbols. The difference is that they can “expand” over the entire reel, replacing all other characters, and thus create completely incredible combinations that can bring huge benefits!
- Stacked Wild (Stacked Wilds): Similar to expandable Wild, with the difference that they are composite symbols. They are usually placed on several cells of the drum in a row. They can occupy the entire reel, as well as only the lower or upper part. Like any other Wild, they can make a good profit.
- Symbols of Scatter: do not occur so often. Can activate additional bonus rounds and bonus games. Also, they are the only characters that can’t replace Wild.
Run after the game reels dropped a few Scatter symbols or a certain combination of symbols. Represents either a round of free spins, or a bonus game in which you need to randomly select among several positions, hiding different awards. A great opportunity to win big!
THEORETICAL PLAYER INCOME
Theoretical player income (Return To Player Rate or RTP) is the most important indicator in video slots. It shows how much a player can return from his bets. The higher this indicator is, the better the chance of winning.
For example, if the RTP slot is 70%, you can expect that from ten bets of one Euro, seven Euros will return.
LEVEL OF STATIONS
You need to have a good understanding of what a betting level is if you want to play a successful slot game.
The betting level shows how many coins are placed on each line. The higher its value, the more you not only bet, but also the possible winnings. So, if you like to take a risk, choose a higher level. All the more so if you like to take a risk, choose a higher level.
SLOT GAME VOLATILITY
Volatility determines the ratio of the frequency of winnings to its sum. Do not confuse this concept with the theoretical income of the player. Slots with low volatility are characterized by frequent winnings, but with small amounts of payments, rarely exceeding the bet. Such games are good for beginners.
For risky players there are slots with high volatility, which are characterized by rare, but significant winnings.
Which video slot should I choose? You can lose or break the jackpot – no one knows the answer. But that’s what gambling is all about!
- Before you start playing in a new video slot, be sure to deal with possible paylines here.
- Then look at the payout table. If you came to win, know how to do it!
- Pay close attention to the Wild symbols, as they can replace any other symbol on the reels.
- Video slots with low volatility have frequent small winnings, with high – huge winnings, but the chances are much lower.
- Play wisely. If you want to make a killing, stay in the game as long as possible.
INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT SLOT MACHINES
- The first slot machine appeared in New York in 1891.
- In 1895, Charles Fy invented Liberty Bell – the first slot with a simple automatic payment mechanism.
- Japan has more slot machines than any other country in the world. And the slot game called Pachinko is madly popular among locals for many years.
- It is believed that in Las Vegas for one slot machine accounts for about 8 people, which is an absolute record for the number of slots per capita.
- Slots account for about 50% of all casino games in the world. Guess why!
- Slots are about 85% of the total income of the average casino – that’s why.
- The largest slot machine that was ever created was called Super Big Bertha and was 2.5 meters high and 2 meters wide.
- Slot machines are sometimes called “one-armed bandits”. Interestingly, this was originally the name of people who themselves tried to cheat slot machines in the early years of their existence. However, over time, this name has moved to slots.